Idiom of the Day: Morning Starters
Are you looking for a fun way to start your day and get your students ready for learning?
This document contains 20 North American English Idiomatic expressions; illustrated and explained. Get your students thinking and help them learn new expressions as they negotiate the real meaning of each idiom.
The teacher document comes with a student booklet that can be completed and kept for future reference. Project teach page to your students to do a whole-group activity where students try to guess the literal meaning of the expression. Have them roleplay our little skits and jot down expressions in their student booklet. It's also an excellent opportunity to have your students come up with ideas to illustrate the real meaning of each idiom!
This 70-page document includes:
- Teachers' notes and activity suggestions.
- 20 illustrated and explained idiomatic expressions
- A color PDF version to project to your students
- A student booklet so your students can keep traces of the idioms.
Idioms included in the document:
- It's raining cats and dogs.
- Butterflies in the stomach.
- Break a leg.
- Time flies.
- Hold your horses.
- A couch potato.
- Once in a blue moon.
- Over the moon.
- A green thumb.
- To give the cold shoulder.
- To walk on eggshells.
- All ears.
- In the same boat.
- Sick as a dog.
- Like a fish out of water.
- Crocodile tears.
- When pigs fly.
- Fight like cat and dog.
- Apple of my eye.
- Head in the clouds.
Providing feedback & obtaining TPT Credits to buy even more amazing resources!
- We always appreciate your feedback. If you have any comments, suggestions, questions, or if you see an error in one of our files, feel free to send us a private message and we’ll update everything!
KJ's ESL STUFF
Nombre de pages (diapositives) : 70
Pour avoir un accès immédiat au produit, ouvrez une session et achetez le produit.