Direct and Indirect Speech Handout
Use this Direct and Indirect Speech handout/study guide to supplement your lesson when teaching reported speech.
- This resource presents the way we backshift tenses when using reported speech. It also provides examples to show the grammar concept in context.
- This handout also focuses on question formation (yes/no questions and information questions) and the proper way of reporting questions.
- This study guide is available in coloured and printer-friendly versions.
- This resource includes Canadian spelling.
- Lesson plan detailing the steps of teaching direct and indirect speech is not included.
- Be advised that this document is not editable, and it may not be posted on open (unsecured) online platforms.
- Please note that this resource does not come in paperless option, but you can import the PPT file into a Google Slides™ if you wish to use it in your Google Classroom™.
⭐The downloaded file includes:
- Direct and Indirect Speech handout - 3 pages (coloured version)
- Direct and Indirect Speech handout - 3 pages (printer-friendly version)
- Read It First document
Verb tenses included (backshifting): simple present - simple past; present progressive (continuous) - past progressive (continuous); simple past - past perfect; past progressive (cont.) - past perfect progressive (cont.); present perfect - past perfect; past perfect (no change); modal auxiliary "will" to express future tense - would.
⭐This resource may be used as:
- a handout to supplement your lesson when teaching or reviewing reported speech
- a study guide that students keep in their binder.
⭐This document has been designed for Grade 10-11 ESL learners, upper-intermediate and advanced levels. However, it might be useful for ESL/ELA students below or above these grade levels.
⭐If you teach in Quebec (CA), this resource is perfect for your Grade 10-11 ESL/EESL learners.
⭐FILE DETAILS: Paper size: 8.5" x 11" (Standard US Letter). Documents are not editable unless otherwise stated. Resources are available either in a PDF or PPT file.
❤️SATISFACTION: Before downloading a product, read the product description and check out the preview document to determine if the resource is appropriate for your students. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
For personal or educational use. You may make copies for your personal or classroom use. Sharing, posting, redistributing, or selling this resource or any part of it on the Internet is prohibited.
Nombre de pages (diapositives) : 3
Pour avoir un accès immédiat au produit, ouvrez une session et achetez le produit.